Sunday, March 23, 2014

Selfie

A selfie is a type of self-portrait photograph, typically taken with a hand-held digital camera or camera phone. Selfies are often associated with social networking, like Instagram. They are often casual, are typically taken either with a camera held at arm's length or in a mirror, and typically include either only the photographer or the photographer and as many people as can be in focus. Selfies taken that involve multiple people are known as "group selfies" or "ussies".

Selfie has become popular among the younger generation. They are not self-conscious as everyone of their generation are doing it. But what about the older generation? I suppose most older people still prefer their pictures to be taken by others as they wouldn't like to take near shots. Probably because they look better from afar as too near would definitely show off all those lines and wrinkles.

From my point of view, I don't mind a selfie shot with the others provided I don't have to hold the camera. I can easily see myself and smile the way I like it. I am all for group selfie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...